PTE Questions Reading – Multiple Choice Questions Answers – Read the passage carefully and choose a single option out of all given responses. Here are PTE Reading Multiple Choice Single Question Answer.
PTE Reading Multiple Choice Single Question Answers
1. PTE Reading Multiple Choice Single Question Answer Section (MCQ’s) – Read the passage and answer the following question.
Every passing day brings news of a growing backlash in the United States against the outsourcing of business in information technology enables services (ITES) to India. Since it is the search to cut salary costs that are driving outsourcing from the North, fears of domestic job losses are fuelling social and potential concerns. It would be short-sighted to disregard the gathering storm in the developed world.
One estimate sees one in 10 workers in the ITES area in the E.U. and the U.S. losing his or her job over the next decade because of outsourcing. Of course, shrinking employment in this sector may well be compensated by an expansion in high skilled and high wage sectors. This happened as labor-intensive manufacturing declined in the North as a result of competition from imports. The gains in employment will, however, be for the younger and better-educated workers, while others will be largely condemned to unemployed or low-paying jobs.
Question – What is at the root of the backlash against outsourcing?
1. The decline of labor-intensive manufacturing in the E.U and the U.S
2. Low-skilled and low wage jobs in E.U and the U.S being replaced by high-skilled and high wage jobs.
3. Wage cuts in the E.U. and the U.S. so as to compete with outsourced services.
4. competition from imports resulting in job losses in the E.U. and the U.S.
#Correct Answer: 4
Option (4) is validated by “one in 10 workers in the ITES area in the E.U. and the U.S. losing his or her job over the next decade because of outsourcing”. Option (1) brings in something that is not an immediate cause. Option (2) is an internal matter giving no scope for protests against outsourcing. Option (3) is incorrect since ‘the search to cut salary costs’ is the reason for outsourcing.