PTE Reorder Paragraph Samples – In Reorder Paragraphs questions, the sentences are placed in random order and you are required to arrange the text in original order.
Pearson PTE Reorder Paragraph Practice
1. Re-order / Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.
A) Thus begins the search for relief: painkillers, ice, yoga, herbs, even surgery.
B) Most computer users develop disorders because they ignore warnings like tingling fingers, a numb hand or a sore shoulder.
C) They keep pointing and dragging until tendons chafe and scar tissue forms, along with bad habits that are almost impossible to change.
D) But cures are elusive because repetitive stress injuries present a bag of pills that often defy easy diagnosis.
Answer – B – C – A – D
2. Re-order / Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.
A) Over the years, I have had the opportunities to observe and understand the thought processes behind the ads that have been flooding both the print and the TV media.
B) Although there is a huge shift in the quality of ads that we come across on a daily basis – thanks essentially to improvement in technology – I somehow can’t help but feel that the quality of communication of the message has become diluted.
C) Proportionally, the number of ads that lack in quality, has gone up exponentially as well.
D) There is an increasing attempt by most companies to be seen as cool and funky.
E) Another reason could be the burgeoning number of companies, which means an exponential increase in the number of ads that are being made.
Answer – A – B – D – E – C
3. Re-order / Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.
A) The main difference is that efficiency is a ration and effectiveness is not.
B) But they reach efficiency in a different way than American businesses.
C) The Japanese are very efficient and such concepts as “just in time” are a witness to their efficiency.
D) They reach efficiency through the route of effectiveness.
Answer – C – B – D – A
4. – PTE Reorder Paragraph – Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.
A) We can never leave off wondering how that which has ever been should cease to be.
B) As we advance in life, we acquire a keener sense of the value of time.
C) Nothing else, indeed, seems to be of any consequence; and we become misers in this sense.
D) We try arrest its few last tottering steps, and to make it linger on the brink of the grave.For Answers Click Here
B – C – D – A
5. – PTE Reorder Paragraph – Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.
A) Per these factors, Pizza Hut was warned that Chinese consumers would not eat pizza.
B) Prior to establishing restaurants in China, Pizza Hut management was told by experts that many Chinese consumers do not like cheese and may not be able to digest it.
C) In response to this, Pizza Hut modified their pizza recipes, using less tomato sauce and cheese and including indigenous ingredients that were agreeable to Chinese consumers.
D) The company’s management was also informed that tomato is not a culinary ingredient in China.
E) The company also created new pizzas for the Chinese market.For Answers Click Here
6. – PTE Reorder Paragraph – Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.
A) The local people maintain their ancestral traditions and continue to cultivate the pre-Inca stepped terraces.
B) With a depth of 10,725 ft (3,270 m), it is one of the deepest in the world, twice as deep as the Grand Canyon in the United States.
C) Colca Canyon is a canyon of the Colca River in southern Peru, located about 100 miles (160 kilometres) northwest of Arequipa.
D) It is Peru’s third most-visited tourist destination with about 120,000 visitors annually.
E) The Colca Valley is a colourful Andean valley with pre-Inca roots, and towns founded in Spanish colonial times, st inhabited by people of the Collagua and the Cabana cultures.For Answers Click Here
7. – PTE Reorder Paragraph – Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.
A) The ‘ASEAN Way” refers to a methodology or approach to solving issues that respect the cultural norms of Southeast Asia.
B) Decision making by consensus requires members to see eye-to-eye before ASEAN can move forward on an issue.
C) Critics object claiming that the ASEAN Way’s emphasis on consultation forces the organisation to adopt only those policies which satisfy the lowest common denominator.
D) However, critics have argued that such an approach can be only applied to Asian countries due to a difference in mindset and level of tension.
E) It has been said that the merits of the ASEAN Way might “be usefully applied to global conflict management”.For Answers Click Here
8. – PTE Reorder Paragraph – Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.
A) National flags are patriotic symbols with varied wide-ranging interpretations.
B) A flag is a piece of fabric with a distinctive design that is used as a symbol, as a signalling device, or as decoration.
C) Flags are also used in messaging, advertising, or for other decorative purposes.
D) These often include strong military associations due to their original and ongoing military uses.
E) The term flag is also used to refer to the graphic design employed, and flags have since evolved into a general tool for rudimentary signalling and identification.For Answers Click Here
9. – PTE Reorder Paragraph – Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.
1. Cattle can tell the difference between familiar and unfamiliar animals of the same species (conspecifics).
2. Although cattle can discriminate between humans by their faces alone, they also use other cues such as the color of clothes when these are available.
3. Calves can also discriminate between humans based on previous experience, as shown by approaching those who handled them positively and avoiding those who handled them aversively.
4. They are also able to discriminate between familiar individuals, and among humans.
5. Studies show they behave less aggressively toward familiar individuals when they are forming a new group.For Answers Click Here
1 – 5 – 4 – 2 – 3
10. – PTE Reorder Paragraph – Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.
1. They are known to have inhabited the Great Plains for thousands of years, over 15,000 years ago.
2. Eastern portions of the Great Plains were inhabited by tribes who lived in semipermanent villages of earth lodges, such as the Arikara, Mandan, Pawnee and Wichita
3. Historically the Great Plains were the range ofthe bison and of the culture of the Plains Indians, whose tribes included the Blackfoot, Crow, Sioux, Cheyenne, Arapaho, Comanche, and others.
4. The first Americans (Paleo-Indians) who arrived to the Great Plains were successive indigenous cultures.
5. Humans entered the North American continent in waves of migration, mostly over Beringia, the Bering Straits land bridge.For Answers Click Here
2 – 5 – 4 – 1 – 3
11. – PTE Reorder Paragraph – Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.
1. The retinal circulation, on the other hand, supplies the inner layer of the retina.
2. The central arteriole and venula bifurcate several times and arteriolar and venular branches run mostly in parallel with some crossovers.
3. There are two circulations, both supplied by the ophthalmic artery
4. It passes with the optic nerve as a branch of the ophthalmic artery called the central artery of the retina.
5. The uveal circulation consists of arteries entering the globe outside the optic nerve, these supply the uvea and outer and middle layers of the retina.For Answers Click Here
3 – 5 – 1 – 4 – 2
12. – PTE Reorder Paragraph – Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.
1. Mass-movement processes are always occurring continuously on all slopes; some mass-movement processes act very slowly; others occur very suddenly, often with disastrous results.
2. It moves material from higher elevations to lower elevations where other eroding agents such as streams and glaciers can then pick up the material and move it to even lower elevations.
3. However, landslides can be classified in a much more detailed way that reflects the mechanisms responsible for the movement and the velocity at which the movement occurs.
4. Any perceptible down-slope movement of rock or sediment is often referred to in general terms as a landslide.
5. Mass movement is an important part of the erosional process, and is often the first stage in the breakdown and transport of weathered materials in mountainous areas.For Answers Click Here
3 – 2 – 5 – 4 – 1
13. – PTE Reorder Paragraph – Rearrange the sentence in such a way that makes sense.
1. It would also make it illegal for insurers to drop sick people or deny them coverage for pre-existing conditions, and require every American to carry health coverage.
2. His proposal was to spend $900 billion over 10 years and include a government insurance plan, also known as the public option, to compete with the corporate insurance sector as a main component to lowering costs and improving quality of health care.
3. The plan also includes medical spending cuts and taxes on insurance companies that offer expensive plans
4. He proposed an expansion of health insurance coverage to cover the uninsured, to cap premium increases, and to allow people to retain their coverage when they leave or change jobs.
5. Obama called for Congress to pass legislation reforming health care in the United States, a key campaign promise and a top legislative goal.For Answers Click Here
4 – 3 – 5 – 2 -1
Leave a Comment